Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday à la française!

Yesterday I wrote a book review for How to Be Parisian Wherever You Are. Today, my outfit was inspired by that book and thus here we have Friday à la française!

Thank God it's Friday! (or is it Thank God I'm Fabulous? of course you are girl, and don't you forget it!) 

So I have a few errands to run throughout the day and I wanted to be comfortable yet chic. (Yes I used the word chic, deal with it!) When it comes to clothing I'm pretty classic, I don't like loud colors or too much going on. (Although, I'm OK with floral patters and a few bright colors during the spring/summer seasons). We are still in winter though and I have a lot of black pieces in my closet. 


Let's get back to how this book inspired my Friday look. For the most part, my closet is full with a neutral palette of black, white, beige, and brown. If my outfits need a pop of color, I usually add it with accessories (a hat, scarf or bright purse).
Top: H&M or Saint James
Jeans: Treasure&Bond
Shoes:Rampage
Scarf: Forever21
Bag: Kenneth Cole Reaction 
Sunglasses: GlassesUSA



But for today, I kept my outfit simple yet cool. Mostly black because it's practical and convenient. But also because it looks good on everyone.Coco Chanel, perhaps said it best: "Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all..... [its] beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.” In fact, she was the one who invented the "Little Black Dress" in the 1920s, and herself often wore all black with pearls. Elegant and Chic. Indeed, many New Yorkers have embraced this color (or absence of it). 
Trench coat: Calvin Klein
Black also gives a  mysterious vibe and who doesn't like a little mystery? I, for one, am full of mystery. You can't really tell what I'm up to or where I'm headed. I think there's so much fun in that, You know what I'm talking about, there's that moment in a movie or book when a dark, tall, silhouette (probably wearing a long black coat with its collar popped) appears in the foggy night walking away and disappearing in the dark. Isn't that something!? Life is always better with a little mystery. 

Most importantly. Dress for yourself, and yourself only.
Don't dress to show off or get attention, do it to feel good. Don't dress some way because everyone else is doing it and it's the "trend". Cultivate your allure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment