Friday, June 16, 2017

Dulce de Leche filled Chocolate Cupcakes!

So I have been a bit busy thus I haven't been writing posts for a few months. Don't worry, I'm back and hopefully will be sharing more beautiful, awesome things with you guys! 

Today I will teach you how to make these delicious and pretty looking cupcakes. It will satisfy anyone with a sweet tooth.



A few weeks ago I made chocolate cupcakes filled with dulce de leche (not caramel, but the real  dulce de leche!) and everyone loved them. So I wanted to share with all of you how to make them. 

There are two ways you can make the actual cupcakes obviously, either from any store bought cake mix or, if you are lucky enough to be a somewhat pro in the kitchen, do it from scratch. Since I'm not really good in the kitchen I bought a box of Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix. Follow the instructions on the box and voilà you have chocolate cupcakes. Easy, right? 

If you'd like to do it from scratch here's an easy recipe for the batter:

Cupcakes:

1
cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
3/4
teaspoon baking soda
1/2
teaspoon salt
1/4
teaspoon baking powder
1/2
cup boiling water
1/3
cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/2
cup butter or margarine
3/4
cup sugar
1/2
teaspoon vanilla
1
egg


Directions: 

  • 1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place  baking cups in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. 
  • 2. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; set aside. 
  • 3. In small bowl, mix boiling water and cocoa until dissolved.
  • 4. In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Beat 2 more minutes. Beat in vanilla and egg until blended. On low, alternatively add flour mixture and cocoa mixture, beating just until blended. 
  • 5. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan to cooling racks. Cool completely.


Now comes the fun part, filling and decorating! 


To fill the cupcake you obviously need to buy dulce de leche, I recommend Marshall's or T.J.Maxx, they usually always have some in stock. 


There is two ways you can fill the cupcakes. You can either carve a small hole in the middle (like I did) or use a  Wilton No. 230 Round Decorating Tip.  Check out this video on how to fill a cupcake.


I carved a medium size hole in the middle of my cupcake because I wanted a lot of dulce de leche in it, but a small hole will work just fine. 















1 comment: